With the holidays behind us, we’re all vowing to be healthier, but those sweet cravings that we built up with Christmas cookies and sugary drinks, are still lingering. We believe in feeding those cravings with healthier versions of some of your favorite treats.
Banana bread is comforting and sweet. When we took out the refined sugar and flour, we were pleased to find that it didn’t lose those qualities! While the bananas and dates still add sugar to this recipe, the sugar is coming from natural, unrefined foods which we happen to think is a whole lot better for your body than processed white sugar.
Try them for yourself with this super easy recipe made with only a handful of ingredients.
We originally found the recipe here. Makes 8 muffins.
– 2 cups oats
– 3 bananas
– 2 eggs
– 3 pitted whole dates
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Blend all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a blender or food processor until smooth
– If using chocolate chips, hand mix them in now
– Grease a muffin tin with butter
– Pour ingredients into muffin tins (it should fill about 8 of the holes)
– Bake for 15-17 minutes
– Enjoy hot with butter or later as a snack!